Welcome to Sunrise Farms
Shelley and Karel Van den Neste have over 50 years combined experience in training competing and selling horses in several different arenas. They pride themselves on matching horses to buyers and want to see each partnership successful.
With a presence at the US Dressage Finals for the past 5 years, the team loves to see horses they have selected, imported and sold also at the Finals competition and doing well for their owners.
Shelley and her students have amassed National honors and year end awards in the United States Dressage Federation (USDF), the International Andalusian and Lusitano Horse Association (IALHA) and Arabian Sport Horse Nationals.
From training level to Grand Prix, each rider gets the individual instruction needed to succeed. The horses are cared for 24 hours per day on the couple’s 15 acre ranch just outside of Gainesville Florida. The horses get plenty of turnout on big lush pastures and opportunities for trail riding and cross training on the adjacent 50 acre property.
“For the past two years I have had the pleasure of teaching Shelley and her students. Shelley is an excellent rider, and great teacher of both young and grand prix level horses, and is able to correct the habits of poorly ridden horses. She brings out the best in them.”Walter Zettl
“She takes superb care of her animals as well as the animals in her charge. She follows a regimented preventative veterinary medicine protocol, as well as good husbandry practices. She keeps her facilities in an extremely neat and orderly manner.Dr. Ted Yoho
Sunrise Farms Sport Horses features:
- A full size dressage arena with Fiber enhanced footing and a mirrored wall
- A 60-foot round pen with Fiber enhanced footing
- Miles of trails for quiet hacks in the country
- A concrete barn with 14-foot center aisle, rubber mats, automatic waterers, climate controlled tack room
- Large, safe grass pastures
- Cross training for Sport Horses
- Full training and boarding packages
- 24-hour onsite care
- Individualized feeding programs